Statistics bibliography 01 - veterinary
- Ahlers, C. et al. (1999). Comparison between a live and an inactivated vaccine against Newcastle disease in village chickens. A field study in northern Malawi. Tropical Animal Health and Production 31 (3), 167-174. Read
- Baines, S.J. et al. (2002). Primary thoracic wall tumours of mesenchymal origin in dogs: a retrospective study of 46 cases. Veterinary Record 150 (11), 335-339. Read
- Bisson, A. et al. (2000). The seroprevalence of antibodies to Toxoplasma gondii in domestic goats in Uganda. Acta Tropica 76 (1), 33-38. Read
- Bradshaw, J.W.S. et al. (2002). Aetiology of separation-related behaviour in domestic dogs when their owner is absent. Veterinary Record 151 (2), 43-46. Read
- Braidwood, J.C & Henry, N.W. (1990). Clinical efficacy of chlortetracycline hydrochloride administered in milk replacer to calves. Veterinary Record 127 (12), 297-301. Read [abstract only]
- Braun et al. (1999). Decreased sedation by xylazine and high blood pressure in cows with BSE. Veterinary Record 144 (26), 715-717. Read
- Bridi, A.A. et al. (1998). Efficacy of ivermectin in a controlled release formulation against Psoroptes ovis (Hering, 1838) Gervais, 1841 (Acari: Psoroptidae) on sheep. Veterinary Parasitology 78 (3), 215-211. Read
- Brightwell, R. et al. (1998). Key livestock diseases of dryland Kenya. KEPDA, Nairobi. 183 pp.
- Cerundolo, R. et al. (1999). Studies on the inheritance of hair loss in the Irish water spaniel. Veterinary Record 145 (19), 542-544. Read
- Chabo, R.G. et al. (2000). The effect of house-roof type on ambient temperature, feed intake, egg production and egg size in commercial layers during the summer months in south-eastern Botswana. Tropical Animal Health and Production 32 (2), 135-139. Read
- Chamboko, T. et al. (1999). The control of heartwater on large-scale commercial and smallholder farms in Zimbabwe. Preventive Veterinary Medicine 39 (3), 191-210. Read
- Chandler, K.J. & Love, S. (2002). Patterns of equine faecal egg counts following spring dosing with either fenbendazole or moxidectin. Veterinary Record 151 (9), 269-270. Read
- Chaudhry , M.A. (1990). Factors affecting the gestation period in Nili-Ravi primiparous buffaloes. Pakistan Veterinary Journal 10, 78-82. Read
- Christensen, J. et al. (1994). Pig health and production surveillance in Denmark: sampling design, data recording, and measures of disease frequency. Preventive Veterinary Medicine 20 (1-2), 47-61. Read
- Coles, G.C. et al. (1982). World Association for the Advancement of Veterinary Parasitology (WAAVP) methods for the detection of anthelmintic resistance in nematodes of veterinary importance. Veterinary Parasitology 44 (1-2), 35-44. Read
- Coles, G.C. (2002). Equine faecal egg counts and comparison of fenbendazole and moxidectin. (Letter) Veterinary Record 151, 395.
- Cork, S.C. et al. (2002). Escherichia coli as a cause of mortality in piglets in the Royal Kingdom of Bhutan. Veterinary Record 150 (10), 313-315. Read
- DEFRA (1999). Annual Report on Prevention and Control of Animal Diseases.
- Dohoo, I.R. & Martin, S.W. (1984)
Disease, production and culling in Holstein-Freisian cows. V. Survivorship. Preventive Veterinary Medicine 2 771-784.
- Dohoo, I. et al. (2003). Veterinary epidemiologic research. University of Prince Edward Island. 704pp.
- Elbers, A.R.W. et al. (1998). Risk factors for clinical mastitis in a random sample of dairy herds from the southern part of The Netherlands. Journal of Dairy Science 81 (2), 420-426.
- French, N.P. et al. (2001). Smallholder dairy farming in the Chikwaka communal land, Zimbabwe: birth, death and demographic trends. Preventive Veterinary Medicine 48 (2), 101-112. Read
- Garazi, S. et al. (2001). De novo-infection of a large accredited BLV-free dairy herd. Israel Journal of Veterinary Medicine 56 (4). Read [free html]
- German, A.C. et al. (2002). Development of an indirect ELISA for the detection of serum antibodies to Aspergillus fumigatus in captive penguins. Veterinary Record 150 (16) , 513-518. Read
- Gibbens, J.C. & Wilesmith, J.W. (2002). Temporal and geographical distribution of cases of foot-and-mouth disease during the early weeks of the 2001 epidemic in Great Britain. Veterinary Record 151 (14), 407-412. Read
- Gitau, G.K. et al. (1999). The incidence, calf morbidity and mortality due to Theileria parva infections in smallholder dairy farms in Murang'a District, Kenya. Preventive Veterinary Medicine 39 (1), 65-79. Read
- Green, A.J.E. et al. (1999). Increased S-100b in the cerebrospinal fluid of some cattle with bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Veterinary Record 145 (4), 107-109. Read
- Heath, B.R. (1992). The potential for improved camel marketing in Northern Kenya. Farm Africa, London. 39pp.
- Hess, L. et al. (2002). Estimated nutrient content of diets commonly fed to pet birds. Veterinary Record 150 (13), 399-404. Read
- Hoar, B.R. et al. (2003). Spatial analysis of Yersinia pestis and Bartonella vinsonii vinsonii subsp. berkhoffi seroprevalence in California coyotes (Canis latrans). Preventive Veterinary Medicine 56 (4), 299-311. Read
- Horadagoda et al. (1999). Acute phase proteins in cattle: discrimination between acute and chronic inflammation. Veterinary Record 144 (16), 437-441. Read
- Hurd, H.S. & Kaneene, J.B. (1990). The national animal health monitoring system in Michigan. II. Methodological issues in the estimation of frequencies of disease in a prospective study of multiple dynamic populations. Preventive Veterinary Medicine 8 (2-3), 115-125. Read [abstract]
- Koketsu, Y. et al. (1999). Longevity, lifetime pig production and productivity, and age at first conception in a cohort of gilts observed over six years on commercial farms. Journal of Veterinary Medical Science 61 (9), 1001-1005. Read [free pdf]
- Leclipteux, T. et al. (1998). Use of excretory/secretory antigens in a competition test to follow the kinetics of infection by Fasciola hepatica in cattle. Veterinary Parasitology 77 (2-3), 103-114. Read
- Montresor, A. (2007). Arithmetic or geometric means of eggs per gram are not appropriate indicators to estimate the impact of control measures in helminth infections. Transactions of the Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene 101 (8), 773-76. Read [abstract]
- Osaer, S. et al. (2000). The effects of prophylactic anthelmintic treatment on the productivity of traditionally managed Djallonke sheep and West African Dwarf goats kept under high trypanosomosis risk. Acta Tropica 74 (1), 13-24. Read
- Parada, L. et al. (1995). Echinococcus granulosus infections of dogs in the Durazno region of Uruguay. Veterinary Record 136 (15), 389-391. Read [abstract only]
- Paranhos-Silva, M. et al. (1998). Cohort study on canine emigration and leishmania infection in an endemic area for American visceral leishmaniasis. Implications for the disease control. Acta Tropica 69 (1), 75-83. Read
- Rehbein, S. & Visser, M. (1999). Efficacy of an injectable ivermectin/ clorsulon combination against Fasciola hepatica in sheep. Veterinary Record 145 (16), 468. Read
- Rehulka, J. & Adamec, V. (2004). Red blood cell indices for rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss Walbaum) reared in cage and raceway culture. Acta Veterinaria Brno 73, 105-114. Read [free pdf]
- Rodriguez-Lainz, A. et al. (1996). Case-control study of papillomatous digital dermatitis in southern California dairy farms. Preventive Veterinary Medicine 28 (2), 117-131. Read
- Rowlands, G.J. et al. (2001). The incidence of new and the prevalence and persistence of recurrent trypanosome infections in cattle in southwest Ethiopia exposed to a high challenge with drug-resistant parasites. Acta Tropica 79 (2), 149-163. Read
- Rozsa, L. et al. (2000). Quantifying parasites in samples of hosts. Journal of Parasitology 86 (2) 228-232. Read Read [free pdf]
- Sargison, N.D. et al. (1995). Effect of an outbreak of sheep scab (Psoroptes ovis infestation) during mid-pregnancy on ewe body condition and lamb birthweight. Veterinary Record 136 (12), 287-289. Read [abstract only]
Sargison, N.D. et al. (2002). Teladorsagiosis in young lambs and extended postparturient susceptibility in moxidectin-treated ewes in heavily contaminated pastures. Veterinary Record 151 (12), 353-355. Read
- Smothers, C.D. et al. (1999). Comparison of arithmetic and geometric means as measure of a central tendency in cattle nematode populations. Veterinary Parasitology 81 (3), 211-224. Read
Somers, J.G.C.J. et al. (2003). Prevalence of claw disorders in Dutch dairy cows exposed to several floor systems. Journal of Dairy Science 86 (6), 2082-2093.
Read Read [free pdf]
- Stocker et al. (1999). Acid base disorders in milk-fed calves with chronic indigestion. Veterinary Record 145 (12), 340-346. Read
- Thrusfield, M. (2005). Veterinary Epidemiology. 3rd Edn. Blackwell Science, Oxford.
- Thurmond, M.C. (1986). Epidemiologic approaches used in a herd health practice to investigate neonatal calf mortality. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 4 (4), 317-328. Read
- Torres-Acosta, J.F.J. & Jacobs, D.E. (1999). Duration of activity of oral moxidectin against Haemonchus contortus, Teladorsagia circumcincta and Trichostrongylus colubriformis in goats. Veterinary Record 144 (23), 648-649. Read
- White, I.R. & Russel, A.J.F. (1984). Determination of fetal numbers in sheep by real time ultrasonic scanning. In Practice 6 (6), 200-202. Read
- Wood, I.B. et al. (1995). World Association for the Advancement of Veterinary Parasitology (W.A.A.V.P.) second edition of guidelines for evaluating the efficacy of anthelmintics in ruminants (bovine, ovine, caprine). Veterinary Parasitology 58 (3), 181-213. Read
- Yeruman, I. et al. (2002). Epidemiological investigations of outbreaks of bovine ephemeral fever in Israel. Veterinary Record 151 (4), 117-121. Read
- Young, P.C. (1972). The relationship between the presence of larval anisakine nematodes in cod and marine mammals in British home waters. Journal of Applied Ecology 9 (2), 459-485. Read